Commercial Catering Engineer
Salary: £34,000 to £36,000 (subject to knowledge and experience)
Benefits: Company van, fuel card, company performance bonus and pension
Reporting to: Mechanical Service Manager
Corrigenda are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated commercial catering engineer to carry out planned and reactive maintenance / fault diagnosis on natural gas / LPG catering appliances and other mechanical services within schools and offices across the eastern side of Hampshire.
You would need good practical / organizational skills, with the ability to follow technical instructions and an understanding of safe working practices.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Carry out Planned Maintenance servicing of all catering appliances within commercial kitchens, located predominantly in schools
- Carry out necessary calculations and on-site readings to determine if correct mechanical / natural ventilation is available in kitchen for appliance in use
- Diagnose faults on mechanical / electrical catering appliances including steam ovens, range cookers, mixers etc and carry out necessary remedial repairs
- Carry out portable appliance testing for small hand appliances located within kitchen as necessary
- Be on out of hours call out rota (approx. 1 week in 10) Attend emergency mechanical repair works as required
- Maintain a safe working environment for yourself, end users on site and general public at all times
- Focus on high priority reactive maintenance jobs that could present a business continuity risk to HCC.
- Escalate issues to HCC and Mechanical Service Manager immediately.
- Work on own or as part of team to meet required deadlines and contract performance standards
- Liaise with site staff to gain access to sites and rooms to carry out maintenance tasks
- Any other tasks required by company within skill set / experience
Knowledge and Experience
- NVQ 2/3 in relevant Mechanical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- GasSafe certification COMCAT 1, 3 and 5
- Recognised Health & Safety training
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a mechanical servicing role on similar type of contract
- Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well on own or as part of team
- IT literate
- Full driving licence
- Domestic or Commercial gas / oil certification such as CCN1, CODNCCO1, CDGA1 and CIGA1 CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, CORT1, TPCP1, CODC1, , OFT10-101, OFT10-105E, OFT10-600a and CONGLP1PD.
- Knowledge of MKN / Rationale steam ovens
- Unvented water systems
- Knowledge of Hants Police & HCC sites
- Knowledge of other trades / skills