Helpdesk Operator (Maternity Cover – 12 months)
Full Time: 40hrs Monday to Friday – Alternating weekly between 08:00am – 16:30pm and 08:30am – 17:00pm
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 OTE (subject to knowledge and experience)
Start Date: 4th November 2019
Reporting to: Helpdesk Supervisor
Corrigenda are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Helpdesk Operator within our Maintenance Department who will be based at our newly required office at Solent University. (Training may take place across other locations).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the co-ordination and management of customer service requests and acting as first line support for clients. This includes organisation and prioritisation of work schedules for each engineer delivering service in the field and chasing progression of those work orders. They will be highly motivated, punctual, well-presented, organised, motivated and enthusiastic, have excellent “people” and communication skills, able to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual, able to work flexibly, make decisions and solve problems, able to react to rapidly changing scenarios whilst possessing excellent IT skills.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Liaise with and provide feedback to customers on the progress of jobs outstanding
• Liaise with external contractors
• Initial handling and logging of client requests via telephone or email
• Create reactive jobs on the selected CAFM system
• Ensure that only those appropriately qualified or experienced staff carry out services allocated to them efficiently, safely and to standard
• Relaying instructions to engineers and collating details of works in progress
• Monitoring KPI’s and SLA’s
• Update, maintain records and ensure all required documents are completed on CAFM system
• Liaise with contract managers and engineers to ensure effective communication
• Contribute to implementing new working methods and actively participate in continuous improvement
• Updating client portals
• Prioritise and plan routine and non-routine maintenance with contract manager
• Update Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules
• General administrative duties
Training will be given on all of the above.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
• Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and build strong relationships with both clients and colleagues
• Attention to detail
• IT literate – must be confident in all Microsoft Office Packages particularly Excel
• Previous experience dealing with customer queries
• Previous experience of working in an office (not necessarily in the construction/property sector) but previous experience would be a bonus.
• 31 days annual holiday (including bank holidays)
• Discretionary annual company performance related bonus