Maintenance Electrician – Hampshire County Council
Salary: £28,000 to £34,000 OTE (subject to knowledge and experience)
Benefits: Company van, fuel card and pension, Employee Assistance Programme
Reporting to: Service Manager (Electrical)
Corrigenda are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated electrical engineer to carry out planned and reactive maintenance / fault diagnosis on electrical systems such as lighting, small power, emergency lighting other electrical services in buildings such as offices, schools, libraries, fire stations and police stations across the eastern side of Hampshire.
You would need good practical / organisational skills, with the ability to follow technical instructions and an understanding of safe working practices.
Key Responsibilities Include
(but not limited to):
• Diagnose faults on various electrical systems such as lighting, small power, emergency lighting other electrical services in buildings and carry out necessary remedial repairs.
• Happy to work at height up to 8m to carry out maintenance repairs on lights in halls, lobby areas and streetlight etc. (All necessary equipment / training provided)
• Be on out of hours call out rota (approx. 1 week in 8) Attend emergency electrical repair works as required.
• Work flexible working hours to suit business requirements.
• Maintain a safe working environment for yourself, other engineers, end users on site and general public at all times.
• Focus on high priority RM jobs that could present a business continuity risk to HCC. Escalate issues to HCC and Electrical Service Manager immediately.
• Work on own or as part of team to meet required deadlines and contract performance standards.
• Liaise with site staff to gain access to sites and rooms to carry out maintenance tasks.
• Any other tasks required by the company within skill set / experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
• NVQ 2 or 3 in relevant Electrical discipline (or equivalent experience)
• Recognised Health & Safety training
• Experience in an electrical servicing role on similar type of contract
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
• Ability to work well on own or as part of team
• Be able to operate Smart devices and complete electronic documentation.
• Full driving licence
• Pass DBS / Police background checks for working in schools / Police stations
• Used to working at height
- Salary £28,000 to £34,000 (depending on experience)
- 31 days’ annual holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Company Vehicle + Fuel Card
- Employee Assistance Programme