Maintenance Electrician - Winchester
Salary: £30,000 to £34,000 (subject to knowledge and experience)
Benefits: Pension, Employee Assistance Programme
Reporting to: Service Manager (Castle Complex)
Corrigenda are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated electrical engineer to carry out planned and reactive maintenance / fault diagnosis on electrical systems such as lighting, small power, emergency lighting other electrical services in corporate headquarters for Hampshire County Council located in Winchester.
Key Responsibilities Include
(but not limited to):
• Diagnose faults and repairs on various electrical systems such as lighting, small power, 3
phase electrical systems, distribution boards, emergency lighting other electrical services in buildings and carry out necessary remedial repairs.
• Lamp changing at low and high level. Happy to work at height up to 8m to carry out
maintenance repairs on lights in halls, lobby areas and streetlight etc. (All necessary equipment / training provided)
• Monitor engineering systems via BMS and make necessary adjustments.
• Escorting contractors around site in completion of other works
• Working with other engineers (e.g. mechanical / air con) on site to support work delivery
including carrying out tasks within these disciplines where competent to do so
• Prepare basic reports for onward transmission to manager / client on faults and remedial
• Be on out of hours call out rota (approx. 1 week in 8) Attend emergency electrical repair
works as required.
• Work flexible working hours to suit business requirements.
• Maintain a safe working environment for yourself, other engineers, end users on site and
general public at all times.
• Focus on high priority RM jobs that could present a business continuity risk to HCC. Escalate issues to HCC and Electrical Service Manager immediately.
• Work on own or as part of team to meet required deadlines and contract performance
• Liaise with site staff to gain access to sites and rooms to carry out maintenance tasks.
• Any other tasks required by company within skill set / experience.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
• 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
• NVQ 2 or 3 in relevant Electrical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• Recognised Health & Safety training.
• Experience in an electrical servicing role on similar type of contract.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to work well on own or as part of a team.
• IT literate.
• Full driving licence.
• Pass DBS / Police background checks for working in Police stations
• Test & Inspection Qualification.
• Used to working at height.
• Knowledge of BMS systems.
• Previous experience of working in similar properties Knowledge and experience in other
- • Competitive Salary
• Discretionary company performance related annual bonus
• Overtime opportunities
• 31 days’ annual holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
• Company Vehicle + Fuel Card
• Company Mobile
• Employee Assistance Programme