Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - Hampshire County Council
Full time – 40 hours per week – Static site – Winchester
Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 (subject to knowledge and experience)
Benefits: Company van, fuel card, Employee Assistance Program, and pension
Reporting to Castle Complex Service Manager
Corrigenda are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated Mechanical Engineer to carry out general planned and reactive maintenance tasks such as fault finding on HVAC systems, carrying out repairs / replacing parts to HVAC systems, servicing to air handling units / fan convectors / extractor fans, TMV maintenance, logging onto and using Building Management Systems, varied general plumbing repairs, weekly sprinkler systems testing, 2nd operative for working at height. The type of properties includes buildings such as Corporate offices, Grade 1 listed, Libraries, Police HQ in Winchester.
You will require good practical / organisational skills, with the ability to follow technical instructions and an understanding of safe working practices. You will need to have a proactive and reactive mindset to solving mechanical faults. If required, training will be provided to fulfil the required tasks.
Key Responsibilities Include
(but not limited to):
• Carry out planned and reactive maintenance across the Corporate estate in Winchester as directed by the site Service Manager (within capabilities and training)
• Work on own or as part of team to meet required deadlines and contract performance standards
• Work flexible working hours to suit business requirements
• Work safely at all times, including working at height as required
• Liaise with site staff to gain access to sites and rooms to carry out maintenance tasks
• Liaise with sub-contractors to complete necessary repairs as required
• Any other tasks required by company within skill set / experience
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
Essential experience / knowledge of:
• NVQ Level 2/3 plumbing / heating or equivalent.
• HVAC systems and their components
• Water services (Unvented, WRAS)
• Commercial heating / Cooling systems including Chillers.
• Use of BMS (Building Management Systems)
• Understanding of system controls
• Experience in a similar role
• Recognised Health & Safety training
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Be able to operate Smart devices and complete electronic documentation.
• Full driving license
• Pass DBS checks
• A key team player with a flexible and proactive approach to work
• A willing to learn and expand knowledge of building services systems
• Must be enthusiastic, understand and demonstrate the importance of customer satisfaction to the highest standard, and thrive when working under pressure
• Salary £28000 to £32000 (depending on experience)
• Overtime opportunities
• 31 days’ annual holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
• Company Vehicle + Fuel Card
• Company Mobile
• Employee Assistance Program