HCC Castle Complex - Maintenance Electrician
FULL TIME – 40 hours per week
Salary band: £32,000 – £36,000 (subject to knowledge and experience)
Benefits: Company car, Bupa Cash plan, Company performance bonus, and pension.
Reporting to: Castle Complex Service Manager
Corrigenda are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated electrical engineer to carry out planned and reactive maintenance / fault diagnosis on electrical systems such as lighting, small power, emergency lighting other electrical services in corporate headquarters for Hampshire County Council located in Winchester.
• Competitive Salary
• Discretionary company performance related annual bonus
• Overtime opportunities
• 31 days’ annual holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
• Company Vehicle + Fuel Card
• Company Mobile
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Bupa Cashplan
Key Responsibilities Include
(but not limited to):
• Diagnose faults and repairs on various electrical systems such as lighting, small power, 3 phase electrical systems, distribution boards, emergency lighting other electrical services in buildings and carry out necessary remedial repairs.
• Lamp changing at low and high level. Happy to work at height up to 8m to carry out maintenance repairs on lights in halls, lobby areas and streetlight etc. (All necessary equipment / training provided)
• Monitor engineering systems via BMS and make necessary adjustments.
• Escorting contractors around site in completion of other works
• Working with other engineers (e.g. mechanical / air con) on site to support work delivery including carrying out tasks within these disciplines where competent to do so
• Be on out of hours call out rota (approx. 1 week in 8) Attend emergency electrical repair works as required.
• Work flexible working hours to suit business requirements.
• Maintain a safe working environment for yourself, other engineers, end users on site and general public at all times.
• Focus on high priority RM jobs that could present a business continuity risk to HCC. Escalate issues to HCC and Service Manager immediately.
• Work on own or as part of team to meet required deadlines and contract performance standards.
• Liaise with site staff to gain access to sites and rooms to carry out maintenance tasks.
• Any other tasks required by company within skill set / experience.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
• 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
• NVQ 2 or 3 in relevant Electrical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• Recognised Health & Safety training.
• Experience in an electrical servicing role on similar type of contract.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to work well on own or as part of a team.
• IT literate.
• Full driving licence.
• Pass DBS / Police background checks for working in Police stations.