Commercial Gas Engineer
Salary: £34,000 to £36,000 OTE (subject to knowledge and experience)
Benefits: Company van, fuel card, pension and discretionary company performance bonus
Reporting to: Contract Manager
Corrigenda are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated commercial gas engineer to carry out planned and reactive maintenance / fault diagnosis on mechanical systems such as gas / oil systems, boilers, pumps, water systems and other mechanical services in buildings such as schools, Universities, the NHS, private sector and general commercial clients.
You will need good practical / organisational skills, with the ability to follow technical instructions and an understanding of safe working practices.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Diagnose faults on gas/oil boilers, heating systems, hot /cold water systems including small elements of plumbing etc. and carry out necessary remedial repair
- Attend emergency gas leaks and make safe as required
- Be on out of hours call out rota (approx. 1 week in 10). Attend emergency mechanical repair works as required
- Maintain a safe working environment for yourself, end users on site and general public at all times
- Focus on high priority reactive maintenance jobs that could present a business continuity risk
- Escalate issues to Mechanical Service Manager immediately
- Work on own or as part of team to meet required deadlines and contract performance standards
- Liaise with site staff to gain access to sites and rooms to carry out maintenance tasks
- Any other tasks required by company within skill set / experience
- Carry out routine PPM servicing
Knowledge and Experience
- NVQ 2/3 in relevant Mechanical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Unvented water systems, (must)
- Domestic / Commercial gas certification CCN1, CODNCCO1, CDGA1 and CIGA1.
- Recognised Health & Safety training
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mechanical servicing role on similar type of contract
- Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well on own or as part of team
- IT literate
- Full driving licence
- Pass DBS / Police background checks for working in schools
- Domestic or Commercial gas / oil certification such as CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, CORT1, TPCP1,
OFT-101, OFT10-105E, OFT10-600a and CONGLP1PD.
- OFTEC registered technician