Commercial Gas Engineer - Surrey area
Salary: £36,000 to £40,000 (subject to knowledge and experience)
Benefits: Company van, fuel card and pension
Reporting to: Contract Supervisor
Corrigenda are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated commercial gas engineer to carry out planned and reactive maintenance / fault diagnosis on mechanical systems such as gas / oil systems, boilers, pumps, water systems and other mechanical services in buildings such as offices, schools, libraries, fire stations and police stations across Surrey and surrounding region.
You would need good practical / organisational skills, with the ability to follow technical instructions and an understanding of safe working practices.
Key Responsibilities Include
(but not limited to):
- Diagnose faults on gas/oil boilers, heating systems, hot /cold water systems etc. and carry out necessary remedial repairs
- Attend emergency gas leaks and make safe as required
- Be on out of hours call out rota (approx. 1 week in 8) Attend emergency mechanical repair works as required.
- Maintain a safe working environment for yourself, end users on site and general public at all times.
- Focus on high priority reactive maintenance jobs that could present a business continuity risk to the client.
- Escalate issues to the Contract Supervisor immediately.
- Work on own or as part of team to meet required deadlines and contract performance standards
- Liaise with site staff to gain access to sites and rooms to carry out maintenance tasks
- Any other tasks required by company within skill set / experience
Knowledge & Experience:
- NVQ 2/3 in relevant Mechanical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Domestic / Commercial gas certification CCN1, CODNCCO1, CDGA1 and CIGA1.
- Experience in similar role
- Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Be able to operate Smart devices and complete electronic documentation.
- Full driving licence
- Pass DBS / Police background checks for working in schools / Police stations
- Domestic or Commercial gas / oil certification such as CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, CORT1, TPCP1, CODC1, COMCAT 1, 3 and 5, OFT10-101, OFT10-105E, OFT10-600a and CONGLP1PD.
- Knowledge of other trades / skills
- Unvented water systems