Project Manager – Minor works
Salary Grade: MG3 – Project Manager
Reporting to – Head of Projects
Salary Range: £40,000 to £46,000 (Subject to knowledge and experience)
Delivery of minor project refurbishment / upgrade works in a hospital environment. Work to include, but not limited to, minor office refurbishment, painting, minor plumbing installations (sinks /showers etc) access control, ceilings, flooring, small power, data and other general building services to ensure smooth delivery of services within the hospital. The role includes the management of a small team of engineers and specialist sub-contractors to complete minor new works typically between £500 and £50,000.
The job is based at Southampton General Hospital / our Segensworth office with close liaison required on site with the client / end users. The successful candidate should ideally have experience in working on similar works within a healthcare environment.
Key Responsibilities Include
(but not limited to):
• Management and delivery of multi disciplined project works as assigned
• Maintain effective working relationships with other members of the project team.
• Ensure cost estimates are produced using the National Schedule of Rates (NSR) based on client requirements
• Produce risk / method statements (RAMS) as required to safely complete works.
• Ensure any Health & Safety file documentation is prepared in a timely manner towards end of works and issued to client
• Professional and confident in a client facing environment and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
• Provide technical and practical support to engineers
• Ensure labour resources are planned for the works and coordinated. Help develop realistic working programmes
• Ensure materials are available for the works to proceed and check pre-ordered materials
available. Check material quality as per specification or client requirements and ensure
• Check documentation / paperwork has been submitted and completed correctly. Sign off test sheets as “Qualifying Supervisor” as required
• Ongoing site monitoring of H&S compliance which includes inspections and compliance checks
• Maintain a safe working environment for engineers, end users on site and general public at all times
• Any other tasks, as required by the company, within skill set / experience
Financial / Commercial
• Oversee profitability of jobs to ensure Gross Profit targets are achieved.
• Knowledge of NSR measured contracts and production of take offs
• Ensure monthly applications for payment are prepared, approved by client and invoiced in timely manner
• Ensure variations are identified, recorded and approved by clients.
• Ensure purchase orders are raised in accordance with company policy
• Ensure supplier invoices are approved and processed for payment in a timely manner
• Carry out operational HR functions such a performance reviews, grievances, disciplinaries and formal sickness reviews as necessary. (These will be supported as necessary by Head of Projects / HR)
• During periods of absence, ensure Contract Supervisor is suitably briefed and capable to deal with day to day management of contract(s) under your control
• Provide inspirational leadership, which is both fair and firm
• Develop team building ethos and lead by example
• Ensure effective communications between management, office staff and the on-site
• Communicate with customer ensuring customer satisfaction is maintained and site interruptions/disturbances are fully liaised to clients. Ensure customers are kept aware of work progress and any difficulties or changes that effect time, cost or quality
• Attend client meetings when required
• Deal with queries from engineers, clients and end users in a professional and helpful manner
Corporate Policy & Procedures
• Develop and monitor office process and procedures in accordance with Corrigenda quality systems
• Deliver Health & Safety tool box talks as requested by HoD
• Implementation of all company policies and procedures
• Conduct of business activities in line with company policies and values
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• Relevant qualifications / experience in similar role
• Experience in working on schedule of rates contracts. (NSR desirable)
• CITB SMSTS or similar level of safety related training
• Ability to negotiate with and influence others.
• Flexibility in working out of hours / weekends, as and when client requirements dictate need
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
• Ability to work well on own or as part of team
• IT literate
• Full driving licence / willingness to travel
• Pass DBS checks for working in schools
- Basic salary £40,000 – £46,000 (subject to knowledge and experience)
- Company annual performance related bonus
- Company pension
- 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme