HR Advisor – Part time (2 days a week)
16 hours per week (Thursday and Friday)
Salary: Up to £11,200
Reporting to: HR Manager
This role provides HR support and guidance to Managers and Supervisors across the business to ensure the full employee life cycle is managed in a pro active, professional and consistent manner. The HR Advisor is also a key point of contact for employees providing a comprehensive generalist HR resource, helping to achieve a culture where people can excel and have pride in their accomplishments.
The HR Advisor will also play a crucial role in continuous improvement in the HR department, helping, supporting and leading on key projects as such as induction, appraisals, apprenticeships, handbook reviews to name a few.
Key Responsibilities Include
(but not limited to):
• To build and maintain strong relationships with Contract Managers and Supervisors to support them with their teams.
• To advise and support managers with employee relations matters including grievances, disciplinaries, absence management and performance management in order to ensure an effective and consistent approach reflecting best practice.
• Managing employee relations case work through to conclusion including HR support for disciplinary & grievance investigations and meetings, accurate notetaking and completing other associated employee relations case administration
• To run reports on and monitor all absence cases and ensuring appropriate steps are taken such as return to works in place, occupational health referrals, attendance reviews and formal meetings where required.
• Manage the full recruitment process including creation of job descriptions and person specifications, salary benchmarking, advert placement, short-listing, telephone screening, arranging and supporting in interviews.
• Arrange and coordinate annual careers fairs.
• To coach managers with HR procedures and challenge any non-compliance.
• Supporting with the coaching and development of Managers and Supervisors
• Support and oversee process for all starters, leavers and employee changes on the system.
• Work with Management alongside the HR team to identify development needs and support the sourcing/delivery of soft skills and technical training as required.
• Assist in design and delivery on in house training workshops such as Recruitment and Induction best practice for Managers.
• Run induction sessions and oversee induction process to ensure it is fully effective, this includes undertaking induction reviews with new starters and hosting welcome lunches
• To assist with driving the appraisal process and completion
• Manage probation and performance reviews with line managers and their team.
• Support and lead in HR project work
• To support the HR Manager in rewards and benefits process and administration such as the annual pay review and bonus. This will include salary benchmarking and pulling required data together.
• Become an expert in the HR system.
• Run reports from HR system as required.
• Support the HR Administrator with contracts, offers and all HR letter administration.
• Assist with the administering of the payroll.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• Previous HR experience
• IT Literate with strong Microsoft Word, Excel skills and knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven experience of handling high volumes of work
• Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
• Exceptional level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Resilient and resourceful
• Personable, proactive and able to build rapport at all levels.
• Able to offer solutions to problems that have been identified.
• CIPD Level 5 or to be working towards
• SAPbyDesign experience
• Competitive salary
• 31 days’ annual holiday Pro-Rata (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
• BUPA Cashplan
• Enrolment into our pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Refer a friend reward scheme
• Health and wellbeing staff discount website through BUPA