Mechanical Craftsperson / Pipefitter - Projects
FULL TIME – 40 hours per week
Salary: M8/M9 £28,000 to £34,000 (dependant on knowledge and experience)
Benefits: Company Vehicle / Allowance, performance bonus, and pension.
Reporting to: Project Manager
Corrigenda are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated Mechanical Engineer to carry out mechanical installation works on heating / hot water systems. Typical projects include boiler plantroom refurbishment, heating pipework & emitter replacement, and domestic hot & cold-water services upgrades in commercial / industrial buildings such as offices, schools, libraries, fire stations and police stations.
You would need good practical / organisational skills, with the ability to follow technical instructions and an understanding of safe working practices. If required, training will be provided to fulfil the required tasks.
The role is based is either our Fareham or Camberley office, but will require travelling to sites across Hampshire, Surrey, Dorset and West Sussex.
Key Responsibilities Include
(but not limited to):
- Carry out mechanical service installation works as directed by Project Managers / Senior engineers
- Work on own or as part of team to meet required deadlines and contract performance standards
- Work flexible working hours to suit business requirements
- Work safely at all times, including working at height as required
- Any other tasks required by company within skill set / experience
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- NVQ Level 2 in plumbing, heating or similar mechanical discipline (or demonstrable equivalent knowledge and experience)
- Recognised Health & Safety training (e.g. CSCS)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well on own or as part of team
- IT literate
- Full driving license
- Pass DBS checks
- NVQ 3 in relevant mechanical discipline
- Unvented water systems
- Salary £28,000 to £34,000 (depending on experience)
- Discretionary company performance related annual bonus
- 31 days’ annual holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Company Vehicle / Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme