Project Manager – Electrical
FULL TIME – 40 hours per week
Reporting to: Head of Projects
Corrigenda are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and ambitious Project Manager to be part of our existing team, supporting the companies continued growth across the South of England.
Reporting to the Head of Projects, the successful candidate will oversee a small team of electrical engineers and specialist sub-contractors to complete electrical project works typically up to a value of £100,000.
The role includes delivering refurbishment / installation works on electrical systems such as lighting, small power, emergency lighting other electrical services to ensure smooth delivery to client / end users. The position will be based out of the Segensworth office however you will be expected to visit sites in, but not limited to, Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex. The type of properties worked on will include schools, Universities, Library’s, Hospitals, offices, Police / Fire stations, Care homes and leisure centers.
Key Responsibilities Include
(but not limited to):
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with your team, clients and stakeholders.
• Prepare cost estimates / technical submissions for tendered works based on supplied specifications / drawings.
• Carry out site visits, confirm outline specification and prepare cost estimates / fixed price quotations for direct clients.
• Prepare Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans and produce risk / method statements (RAMS) as required.
• Ensure health and safety documentation is prepared in a timely manner.
• Provide technical and practical support to engineers.
• Assist in developing successful working programmes to ensure labour resources are planned and coordinated correctly.
• Ensure materials are available and inspected as per the specification or client requirement, within a timely manner.
• Check documentation / paperwork has been submitted and completed correctly.
• Ensure that high levels of health, safety and quality are maintained at all times.
• Ensure that accurate monthly applications and invoices are submitted and approved by clients in a timely manner.
• Ensure effective management of your team.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in a similar role
- NVQ 3 in relevant Electrical qualification
- Full UK Valid Driving Licence
- 18th Edition Training
- CITB, SMSTS or equivalent in safety related training
- Good understanding of HR processes and procedures
- Excellent people management skills
- IT literate
- Pass DBS checks for working in schools
- Electrical qualifications, such as. HNC/HND
- Experience in boiler plant control systems