Finance Administrator (Maternity Cover) - Hampshire County Council
Maternity Cover (Minimum 6 months)
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000 p.a
Reporting to: Finance Supervisor
Corrigenda are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated finance administrator (maternity cover) to deal with a variety of finance related tasks on a busy multi-disciplined contract for Hampshire County Council.
You would need good organisational and interpersonal skills, with good understanding of financial processes and procedures.
Training will be provided on company process, procedure and finance system / reporting tools.
Key Responsibilities Include
(but not limited to):
- Process timesheets and upload onto finance system
- Prepare paperwork for financial audits for client in support of claims.
- Processing of supplier invoices within purchase ledger in a timely manner
- Liaise with finance supervisor and accounts department with regards to outstanding queries and working collaboratively to resolve issues
- Raising and amending purchase orders as required
- Dealing with invoice queries from suppliers to ensure timely payment by accounts department.
- Prepare adhoc finance reports as requested by finance supervisor, account manager or client.
- Raise sales invoices as required.
- Contact suppliers and engineers chasing invoices and paperwork etc.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong IT Skills – Microsoft Office/Excel essential – ability to run reports/pivot tables etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure at times
- Ability to resolve queries and issues in a timely manner
- Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well as part of team and on own.
- Knowledge of finance packages/ systems
- Knowledge purchase ledgers
- Basic salary £20,000 – £24,000 (subject to knowledge and experience)